Your smile is a very personal part of your expression and identity, which is why we deeply value developing long-term relationships with our visitors and patients. When we get to know you personally, we develop a meaningful understanding of your goals for your smile and oral health.
Not to mention, meeting the families of Mount Annan and watching them grow is one of the most rewarding aspects of our professional careers.
You can learn a little about our team by reading below. We look forward to welcoming you to our dental clinic, and to providing every member of your family with the personalised, high-calibre dentistry you deserve.
Dr Gurvinder 'Dr Tina' Kaur Dhamija
Dr Gurvinder Kaur Dhamija grew up in Ludhiana in Punjab, India, graduating with a Bachelor in Dental Science from the University of Maghad in 2004. Dr Dhamija moved to the area in 2014 and soon built up a loyal following of patients who are drawn to her gentle and empathetic manner. Better known as Dr Tina by her patients, she is excellent at helping people feel comfortable and is always more than happy to answer questions or discuss dental concerns.
Dr Tina is very much a perfectionist who wants everyone to enjoy the benefits of good dental health. She is the person to see if you would like a straighter smile, as Dr Tina is a certified Invisalign provider and like all of the team at Toothsavers Dentists, is continually updating and advancing her skills in dentistry. As someone who prides herself on providing the best possible treatment for her patients, Dr Tina makes sure she keeps up with the very latest technologies.
Dr Tina loves meeting people and their families and is looking forward to becoming actively involved in the local community over the coming years. Away from the dental practice, Dr Tina enjoys keeping fit and likes music, entertainment and reading.
Dr Amrinder Singh Thind
Dr Thind grew up in India and migrated to Harrington Park at 27. He graduated in 2004 and joined the Toothsavers Dentists dental team four years ago as one of our principal dentists.
He is passionate about dentistry and uses his knowledge and experience to help patients achieve an ideal outcome.
One of the most satisfying aspects of his career is developing meaningful relationships with his patients. He provides an attentive ear and a compassionate approach when patients need it most.
When away from the clinic, you will often find Dr Thind reading books to nurture inspiration and rejuvenation, spending time with his kids, family and his two German Shepherd furbabies.
Oral Health Therapist
Christine is from Sydney originally and earned her Bachelor of Oral Health from the University of Sydney. She joined the Toothsavers Dentists team in 2016. She has worked in many areas of dentistry, including paediatrics, periodontics, orthodontics and prosthodontics.
Because she loves helping people, Christine earned additional training in the area of dental anxiety management and has successfully helped many adults and children overcome their fear of the dentist.
Christine particularly enjoys the opportunity to help people improve their overall health and lifestyles with effective and personalised oral health care.
When she is away from our dental clinic, you will find Christine travelling the world to learn more about history and other cultures.
Roland El Azzi
Oral Health Therapist
Roland is originally from Sydney and joined the Toothsavers Dentists team in November of 2017 after earning his Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH) at University of Sydney.
Roland, an aspiring dentist, also earned the following:
- Oral Health Therapy Graduate Year Program (OHTGYP)
- The Department of Health, Australian Government Year 3
- Bachelor of Dental Science (BDentSc), Charles Stuart University (CSU)
Throughout his education, he has earned a number of awards and recognition in the following areas.
- President, 2018 CSU Student Dental Association
- CSU Class Representative 2017, Year 2, BDentSc
- CSU Hu-Friedy Golden Scaler 2014 Award for the Dental Professional that demonstrates exceptional talents and skills, nominated by the staff of the Bachelor of Oral Health, University of Sydney
- Dental Alumni Society Medal Award BOH III for Overall Personal and Professional Development during the Bachelor of Oral Health Program, presented by Professor and Dean Chris Peck
- Awarded a Colgate Grant to present my group scientific research poster on behalf of the University of Sydney at the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) 54th Annual Scientific Meeting held in Brisbane, QLD
- University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize for Academic Excellence Achieved in Year 2 of the Bachelor of Oral Health in 2013, USYD
- Oral B Prize for the Student Displaying the Highest Clinical Proficiency in the Practice of Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy in the Second Year of the Bachelor of Oral Health Program, USYD
- Certificate of Appreciation to Acknowledge my contributions as a Class Representative during 2012 presented by the Director of Bachelor of Oral Health, USYD
As a member of the Toothsavers Dentists team, Roland appreciates that each member of the team focuses on the benefit and health of our patients by providing gold standard dental care. He also enjoys meeting patients and developing meaningful, long-term relationships with each member of their families.
When away from university and the clinic, you will often find Roland spending time with family and friends, reading, playing basketball, swimming, snorkelling and leadership.