Roland El Azzi, BOH University of Sydney
Oral Health Therapist
Roland is originally from Sydney and joined the Toothsavers Dentists team in November of 2017 after earning his Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH) at University of Sydney.
Roland, an aspiring dentist, also earned the following:
- Oral Health Therapy Graduate Year Program (OHTGYP)
- The Department of Health, Australian Government Year 3
- Bachelor of Dental Science (BDentSc), Charles Stuart University (CSU)
Throughout his education, he has earned a number of awards and recognition in the following areas.
- President, 2018 CSU Student Dental Association
- CSU Class Representative 2017, Year 2, BDentSc
- CSU Hu-Friedy Golden Scaler 2014 Award for the Dental Professional that demonstrates exceptional talents and skills, nominated by the staff of the Bachelor of Oral Health, University of Sydney
- Dental Alumni Society Medal Award BOH III for Overall Personal and Professional Development during the Bachelor of Oral Health Program, presented by Professor and Dean Chris Peck
- Awarded a Colgate Grant to present my group scientific research poster on behalf of the University of Sydney at the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) 54th Annual Scientific Meeting held in Brisbane, QLD
- University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize for Academic Excellence Achieved in Year 2 of the Bachelor of Oral Health in 2013, USYD
- Oral B Prize for the Student Displaying the Highest Clinical Proficiency in the Practice of Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy in the Second Year of the Bachelor of Oral Health Program, USYD
- Certificate of Appreciation to Acknowledge my contributions as a Class Representative during 2012 presented by the Director of Bachelor of Oral Health, USYD
As a member of the Toothsavers Dentists team, Roland appreciates that each member of the team focuses on the benefit and health of our patients by providing gold standard dental care. He also enjoys meeting patients and developing meaningful, long-term relationships with each member of their families.
When away from university and the clinic, you will often find Roland spending time with family and friends, reading, playing basketball, swimming, snorkelling and leadership.